Ricky Fishman, Doctor of Chiropractic, Ergonomist
- Chiromedica, Co-Director. 1987-present. Directs a team of holistic health care providers that includes or has included chiropractors, medical doctors, osteopaths, psychologists, physical, massage and movement therapists and acupuncturists.
- Emeryville Occupational Medical Center, Staff Chiropractor. 2005-present. Works with medical doctors, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, and occupational therapists to treat injured workers in an integrative setting. Many injured workers are recent immigrants, often non-English speaking. Spanish the most commonly used language used during treatment.
- Mevident, Director of Onsite Services. 2012-2016. Designed and/or managed onsite integrative health care clinics in both the technology and heavy industrial sectors. Clinics have included chiropractors, physical therapists, medical doctors, acupuncturists, ergonomists, massage therapists, nutritionists and exercise trainers. Company sizes have varied from 100 to 900 employees. Clients have included Publicis, Pacific Steel, Eventbrite.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Adjunct Professor. 2011-2015. Lead instructor for the Integrative Health Studies graduate program course “Complementary and Integrative Medicine”.
- New College of California, Director of Weekend BA Program/Adjunct and Core Faculty. 1989-2008. Directed a core faculty of six and a large adjunct faculty, oversaw budget and curriculum development. As an instructor, courses taught included “History and Philosophy of Science and Medicine”, “Integrative Health Studies”, “Quantitative Reasoning” and “Ways of Knowing and Being”.
- Educational Consultant. 2007-2010.Developed undergraduate and professional continuing educational curricula. Programs included BA completion in humanities degree with emphasis in “Contemporary Health Studies” (joint project with Life West Chiropractic College) and study abroad coursework that included “Mindfulness Training for Psychologists and Nurses”.
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinic, Staff Chiropractor. 1986-2002. Treated the uninsured population of San Francisco in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist I and II
- New York Chiropractic College. Doctor of Chiropractic, 1986
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Education, 1976
Author of multiple articles on health, healing and politics. Samples upon request. View recent writing on a variety of subjects on his blog at Ricky’s Riffs.